Monday 30 May 2016

Drunken ladybirds!

Good morning!
I hope you are all well! It's a lovely bank holiday Monday here in the UK so I am going to spend it in my garden, but before I do I thought I would share this little card I have quickly made for the Less Is More sketch challenge this week...


I thought this was a 'me' sketch so I couldn't resist playing along!
And I used a brand new hostess stamp set! 

Now I titled this post 'Drunken Ladybirds'....have a look at these cuties...they remind me of one friend propping another up after a couple of drinks too many, don't you think?? I can just see them dancing and singing down the street on the way home from a great night out!

This lovely set, which I am 'slightly' obsessed with, is Love You Lots and is one of the new hostess sets, available for free from Wednesday with any workshop, party or individual order of £150 or more. I teamed it with the new Sweet & Sassy framelits to create the heart. To give a little depth I popped the top of the heart up on Dimensionals.


I fussy cut the very cute 'drunken' ladybirds (ladybugs in USA I believe?) and then after colouring them in Real Red, I gave them a coat of Crystal Effects to make them shine. You could also achieve a similar effect by heat embossing them with Versamark and Clear Stampin' Emboss, though I would do it before cutting them out!

I finished the card with paper piercing for interest without taking anything away from the simplicity of the card.

Right....gardening calls! Have a lovely day, whatever you're doing!




11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The pierced strip is genius, and the ladybirds are so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy this is a gorgeous card I love those ladybirds. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Lizy.Those little ladybirds are so cute ;D

    Nic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card, drunken ladybirds 'n all!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your card Lizy - really fun! And yes I can see the drunken lurching as they sway down the street! ha ha ha :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous CAS design, Lizy! Your drunken ladybirds really pop against the white with just the subtle pierced line. This is a great take on the sketch - thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drunk or not Lizy those ladybirds are adorable and with so brilliantly with the sketch! CAS-tastic and fabulous and it's great to see you playing along at less is more this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so clever to do a white on white panel because it really makes those sweet ladybirds and the heart pop. Super make.
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Świetna kartka. Delikatna i elegancka, z odrobiną humoru. Bardzo mi się podoba.
    Pozdrawiam
    lin_ka1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizy your drunken ladybirds are so sweet! What a super take on our sketch
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    “Less is More”

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sensational, Lizy, simply sensational! Congratulations on the well-deserved Showcase at LIM!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts