Thursday 4 June 2015

In colour flowers for CAS

Hey everyone! 
I'm quite excited today, not just because the sun is beating down on Bolton, but because it is my design month at CAS-Colours and Sketches! To kick it off, I have gone with some brand new Stampin' Up! In Colours, but please don't worry if you don't have them...anything similar is absolutely fine!



I think these are really lovely, vintagey colours, don't you? But when I came to make my card, for some reason I thought of wood and flowers, so here's what I came up with...

I used the Hardwood stamp to create my background, using Tip Top Taupe, but I stamped it off first as it was a little too dark for what I wanted. I then stamped the leaves from Crazy About You in Mint Macaron, stamping twice on each inking to give different shades of colour.


I used the gorgeous Watermelon Wonder for the Petite Petals, stamping several times for each inking. I punched them with the matching punch and then die cut 'happy' from Hello You Thinlits. I made it a bit girly by tying some baker's twine onto it. 'Birthday' shows Tip Top Taupe in it's full colour. I used Sahara Sand for the card base, just to show how well it complements the new colours.

I am so looking forward to seeing your designs...I'm sure there will be some gorgeous creations this week! :)


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, one to frame I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Lizy! I can't wait to get my hands on the new colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours to work with and a beautiful inspiration card Lizy. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look great against the hardwood background - almost like they're climbing on a fence! Nicely done, Lizy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts