Thursday 30 April 2015

Wavy Butterflies

Good afternoon all!
It's Thursday so that means it's time for a new challenge at CAS-Colours and Sketches, and as this is the fifth Thursday of the month, we have a double for you! Sketch and colours!


I must admit, this was another sketch that had me thinking 'out of the box'! 

So, to create my wave, can you work out which stamp set I used?? I will reveal all at the end of my post.... ;) I stamped it in Island Indigo onto white card, then stamped a sentiment in Wisteria Wonder.


I then added 2 butterflies, stamped and die cut with matching Framelits, one in WW and one in Calypso Coral, and separated the wings with half a Dimensional on each side. The panel was then mounted at an angle onto II card stock.

Did you guess the stamp set? It was Butterfly Basics for the whole card, so well done if you got it right! I simply used my largest clear block and place the long chevron stamp on it, curving it as I went!

I hope you like my card, and feel inspired to have a go yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on this challenge Lizy. I adore that lacy layered butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous lizy.i love the pretty butterfly ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your take on the sketch. Polymer stamps are great for distorting the image into unexpected shapes and I love what you've done with this one. I might have to CASE it, if that's ok?

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All do one with one set? Hats off Lizy! This is so beautiful, CAS perfection and exactly what I hoped for when I came up with the sketch. Thank you so much
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layered butterfly is super! Isn't it great how the photopolymer stamps can be manipulated to alter the look?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts