Friday 27 February 2015

A screwed up butterfly!

Hello!
I hope you have had a good week? Mine has definitely had ups and downs, but I have some quality time with Mike to look forward to this weekend!

Today I am sharing a card I made on Wednesday. I really do have a thing for the Butterfly Framelits at the moment, so here they are again!

I really do love how delicate this particular one is...very lacy looking! I did something a little different with this one...I die cut the top butterfly then drew round it and cut out the bottom solid one. Then, whilst I was rubbing out the pencil lines, I annoyingly caught the edge and creased it! But, then I had an idea...I screwed the butterfly up, as you would, but nope, I didn't throw it away!


Instead, I inked the butterfly with Melon Mambo, and it really brought out the creases to look like folds of the wings! I also inked the die cut one, and then rubbed with Versamark and heat embossed with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Emboss. 

The window was created by using the Window Frames Collection Framelits, and I stamped the flowers from Painted Petals in the window. I finished with Rhinestone Basics Jewels and the sentiment from Butterfly Basics, which I fussy cut out using my paper snips.

I should say that this card is an A5 card, which is why I can get all the yummy white space with such a big butterfly!

I have a couple of challenges I would like to enter my card into...




I hope you have a lovely day today and a fab weekend planned!



16 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card - from a happy accident! lol Love the colours - hope you have a fabulous weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning lizy. So elegant and feminine and full of glorious attention to detail yet so CAS too.
    Love it and thanks for playing along
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the gorgeous butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love butterflies. 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizy this is a gorgeous card I love the butterfly. I hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! A great save from your accident too, it definitely looks like you meant to do it. Love the lacy look to the butterfly! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the soft delicate colours and design. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lizy, this is gorgeous. That pink is so delicate and the whole design is just beautiful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very pretty Lizy. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Lizy, a stunning card and love the butterfly. Great idea to scrunched him up. Love the colours.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - what a stunner - and so pretty and delicate - love how you did the butterfly.
    Mmmm I feel another CASE coming on!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the dimensional butterfly you created. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lizy this is so soft and pretty, fab winged card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Lizy. Love the beautiful butterfly. The little flowers look wonderful in the 'window' opening. Fantastic CAS design. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts