Thursday 18 December 2014

How busy are you this week??

Hello everyone!
Wow it's been a busy time in my household! I have had so much to do, including some last minute Christmas orders...I can't wait to slow down a little lol!

Anyway, it's time for our new challenge at CAS-Colours and Sketches, and we are looking for the double this week! It is still an open week, so you can choose to use any of our previous double challenges, which you can find on the archives page of our blog.

I still had a couple of orders to fulfil, so I chose the following sketch as I thought it would be perfect for the card I had in mind.


So here is my card...

I cut out the window frame then stamped it using the Hardwood background stamp and Sahara Sand ink. *TIP*-if you rub the ink into the card before it dries it gives a softer appearance to the wood.


I stamped the Wondrous Wreath with Always Artichoke, (I stamped off first for the main leaves), then die cut it with the matching Framelits (I love these stamp/die sets!). Even the flowers are part of the set....aren't they lovely? And can you just see the 'nail' holding the wreath to the window frame? It is one of the often forgotten Silver Mini Brads...I always seem to forget I have them but I think they were the perfect solution here!

So which double will you choose?? I can't wait to see some of the funky coloured cards you're all bound to make!


4 comments:

  1. Wow I just loved this card it looks really good, so clean and simple but very effective, the nail was the finishing touch. Have a great Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lizy! I would love this stamp/die set but a little too expensive at the mo! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the wreath.
    Hugs
    LInda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts