Thursday 7 August 2014

Hello Love!

Hello everyone!
Wow! School holidays really do mess with blogging! And I haven't even had Keiran this week as he's with his Dad! I have, however, taken the opportunity to work some overtime, and spend some quality 1-2-1 time with my man, which has been wonderful!

I have managed to make my card for this week's challenge at CAS-Colours and Sketches thought, and this month is Jacqueline's turn to set our challenges. Here is the first...

Now I must admit, I have kind of let my heart rule this one! I made this card entirely with my Mike in mind (please don't puke lol!!!)


I really love these colours together...they make for a manly card! I have used the lovely Hostess set, Hello Love, and I coloured it using my Stampin' Write Markers. I coloured the background cloud in Night of Navy, stamped off once, then coloured the rest of the stamp before stamping onto my Very Vanilla cardstock. 


I embossed a strip of hearts across my Cherry Cobbler cardstock using a retired border EF, then layered it all onto a Night Of Navy card blank. The solid hearts were then filled with Crystal Effects for some dimension. The whole card is a very cute 10cm square.

I love this cute card and sometime soon it will find it's way to Mike's with a suitable soppy message inside I'm sure! ;)

Have a fantastic Thursday!



5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card - love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great man card, cute but not too cute. Love the embossing, fab idea to just emboss a strip. Sure your man will love his card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! The embossed hearts and the dangling ones play off each other perfectly. It's a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally 'wuve' this, yes, I do! is 'wuvley'. seriously this is an awesome card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lizy. These colours definitely work well for a man card.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts