Thursday 29 May 2014

Frugal Friday #4

Happy Friday to you all and welcome to Frugal Friday Challenge #4! Have you got some scarps to use up? Then come and join my challenge!

*if you are looking for more posts from me this week, please scroll down*

But first, here are my top winners for last week...

Lynn


Jane


Congrats ladies! :)

Now as you know, I was making wedding stationery this week using the stunning Springtime Vintage DSP, printed from MDS. You will also remember that I had loads of it left! 

In case you forgot, here's a reminder...


There is just no way I could let all this gorgeous DSP go to waste, so I have made it my mission to use it all up...I am getting there...slowly! 

Anyway, today's card is also made using this lovely paper, and more to the point, the strips you can see top right of the picture above.


Now for some reason unknown even to me, I don't seem to make female retirement cards, (perhaps it's because us ladies never truly retire do we??), so I decided to make one! The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments and is stamped in Melon Mambo, then punch using the Word Window punch. I then layered it onto some Large Oval punched DSP.


I embossed the whole card blank using the gorgeous Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder...isn't it just stunning with the DSP? I distressed each of the strips and the oval with my Distressing Tool to give a vintage feel. I am sooooo in love with this paper...I want it on my walls! I used the layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches as inspiration, 
and I also am entering it into the Flowers challenge at Less Is More.


You can download the lovely paper, for MDS, by clicking on the picture below.
Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper Digital Download by Stampin' Up!

Not got MDS yet? Well then here is a free trial, just for you!
MDS FREE Trial -- Digital Download
I shall leave you to craft now...get those scraps used up, and link up below. Oh and don't forget to show a picture of your scraps too! :)





8 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic Lizy and gorgeous floral design especially the embossed background.
    thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lizy, that paper works really well.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lizy - will try to take part in Frugal Friday again this week - should have a little more free time this week coming (played golf 3 times in 4 days this week!!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizy what a pretty card!
    Thank you for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I love the DSP and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely florally card - the DSP you've used is soooooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous lizy.fab pretty papers and embossing ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts