Sunday 26 January 2014

More love in a card!

Good morning!
Ohhh don't you just love lazy Sunday mornings? I don't have them very often, but this morning I don't have to get up until 9am so I shall still be in bed when this post is scheduled to publish!

So yesterday we had the Pinkies Sale-a-Bration blog hop, (if you missed it, you can see my contribution here and follow the hop from there), and today I thought I would follow on from that by using a couple of other items I also got free from the SAB brochure.


This gorgeous Hessian heart and cute, tiny little peg are left over from the banner I made using the free kit I got from SAB. I added a heart which I die cut from the brushed gold card and some of the brand new Gold Bakers Twine.


The sentiment is stamped with Gold Encore onto my Real Red strip of Core'Dinations card stock, which I embossed using one of the Needlepoint Border EFs. The little 'cross stitches' remind me of kisses so I thought they'd be perfect for this card! I sanded over them to show the white core and also round the edges of the strip. All of this was mounted onto a Naturals White card blank.

As this card has quite a lot of texture, I am entering it into the challenge at The Card Concept, and my card style is Clean and Layered (I think!)
I have used the sketch at Less Is More this week to help design my card...

And I am also entering it into the following challenges...

&dbwsdemoid=5006432

Current Stampin' Up! supplies used
Brights Core'dinations CardstockGold Metallic Encore PadNeedlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders



*Only 1 place left!*
I am starting a brand new Stampers 6 club on the 30th January, details of which can be found here. If you join you will have 3 months' opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the Sale-a-Bration promotion, and with the brand new Spring/Summer catalogue released at the same time, I'm sure you will get yourself some wonderful products for free! Please contact me for more details and to join.

Are you doing anything fun today? After church, we are going to visit my parents in Huddersfield for the day, and if the weather is fine we may even get a round or two of Petanque in at the local park with our new set of boules!

Have a good day, relaxing, crafting, or whatever you're doing!


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design Lizy, the hearts are simply gorgeous.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love the way you have used the peg - I've had some of these pegs for years you've provided just the inspiration I need to use them!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lizy, love the red and gold. I have some of these items from Nicky's share so I must make an effort to use them!

    It's extremely wet today and we got absolutely soaked coming from church. It was our bi-monthly communion and our minister's last service. A very emotional time for everyone! But even more cake to cut and share!

    Hope you've had a lovely day.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous texture and the clothespin is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may have nailed two styles in one Lizy...your cute card also looks a little like freestyle collage to me. I love all the little scrap bits you used together...that gold twine is a great touch. If this is an example of your scraps...I can only imagine what you make with the original materials! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to add texture to a very cool card! Love all the clean lines and the embossing on the cs strip. that collage of hearts with the twine and the clothespin is genious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a sweetie of a card Lizzie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizy, this is such a pretty card! I love the texture of the hearts...wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all that texture and the tiny peg, so sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    LIM GD

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute, cute card...luv your take on texture...perfect....so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizy your cards always make me smile, beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply gorgeous lizy.i love the little peg on the sweet hearts ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and elegant card! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lizy, you packed a lot of texture in a perfectly CAS card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts