Friday 3 January 2014

Grungy, elegant butterfly

Hello! I had a bit of a clear out of Keiran's toys yesterday...it was very cleansing, and we got rid of lots! Unfortunately I managed to sprain my ankle whilst dumping some of the rubbish! Oh well...gets me out of the gym today! ;)

So after Keiran went to bed I had a little play in my craftroom (another upcoming clear out and re-organise project!) and here is what I came up with...


Now, I had some sort of idea what I wanted to make when I started, but it didn't actually come out that way! I used the Dictionary stamp and rather than ink the whole stamp, I rubbed the inkpad over the stamp, then I wiped off parts of it with a dry baby wipe to give a faded, bitty look. I then added some ink splodges using Gorgeous Grunge, a leaf stem from Summer Silhouettes, and a sentiment from Simply Sketched.


I added a four layered butterfly from Papillon Potpourri in Tempting Turquoise for some femininity.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this one, but it's growing on me!

I am entering this into the challenge at Colour Throwdown this week...


Products used
DictionaryGorgeous GrungeSimply SketchedPapillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp SetSummer Silhouettes Clear-Mount Stamp SetElegant Butterfly PunchBasic Gray Classic Stampin' PadSmoky Slate Classic Stampin' PadTempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' PadEpic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape
please click on the pictures to buy direct from my store.


I hope none of the predicted UK flooding comes your way today. Stay safe everyone!



10 comments:

  1. Well I LOVE IT!

    Happy Friday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this, Lizy. Really different and I love the pops of turquoise against the subtle greys.

    We've had all sorts of weather here today, stormy wind and rain through the night, calm when I got to work then it went really dark followed by an almighty lightning flash and thunder clap, then hail, then rain, then sun, all in the space of about 5 mins! What's going on?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Lizy! Thanks for explaining how you did the stamping of the Dictionary stamp!
    xoxo Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Lizy, what a stunning Collage card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collage card Lizy. The layered butterfly is so pretty... I also like the washi strips. :) Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collage card Lizy. Isn't it funny how often a card ends up completely different to how you imagined it?!!

    Hope your ankle feels better soon.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card :) although it has some feminine elements I think a guy would quite like it to. Unisex cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Lizy! So soft and pretty! Great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card!! Love all the embellies!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts