Tuesday 7 January 2014

A little bit of watercolour

Hello everyone.
I have a card that is a little bit different today, in that I have tried a technique I haven't used before.


I used a watercolour 'wash' for the background by simply using Garden Green ink and Aqua Painters. As the pens hold the water in them they are great for creating this effect as they let a fair bit of water through the brush. Once the panel had dried I embossed it using the Stripes EF and the sanded it using a sanding block.


The stamped panel is from Best of Sale-a-Bration and I coloured the stamp up with Garden Green, Summer Starfruit and Smoky Slate before stamping and cutting out. The strip of DSP is Summer Starfruit and I finished with some Smoky Slaky Chevron ribbon and Whisper White baker's twine.

I am entering my card into the following challenges...


Products used
Best Of Sale-A-Bration Clear-mount Stamp Set2012-2014 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write MarkersGarden Green Classic Stampin' PadSmoky Slate 3/4 Chevron Ribbon


White Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!Aqua Painter - by Stampin' Up!Stampin' Distress Tool
Please click on the pictures to buy direct from my online store,

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Lizy, this is pure Dynamic Duos colors perfection!!! Thanks for the new technique tips!

    Thanks so much for coming by my OLC Heart LIM Card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a neat card! Terrific technique--wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts