Saturday 9 November 2013

A Sunburst Thank You

Good morning!
It's a one layer challenge at Less Is More this week and Chrissie and Jen also have a theme of Thank You cards. So here is mine...


I woke up this morning with these two colours in my head, so I just went with it! 


After I lightly marked off the areas to colour, I used post-it notes as a mask then sponged Pistachio Pudding and Smoky Slate ink to create my first attempt at the 'sunburst' technique. I then scored a line and finished with the sentiment is from Express Yourself and a few gems.

I have work this weekend, how about you? Whatever you're doing, have a good one! :)


9 comments:

  1. I don't have either of these colours Lizy, but they look great!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours together! And the design is great! Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizy lovely choice of colours and great way to use them
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizy
    Wow fabulous card......
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lizy, very striking. These colours go very well together.

    I think my new ISP is working well so hopefully I can get some more blogging done. I've hardly done anything except DT work for weeks and I don't know when I last entered a challenge!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely simple card. The more I make these LiM challenge cards the more I like clean, simple designs. Lovely!

    dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab technique Lizy and looks great in those colours! We had a hectic weekend with family staying but when they'd gone I took the children to see Ender's Game - it was brilliant! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Witaj Lizy
    Świetna kartka. Zachwyca mnie jej prostota i elegancja.
    Pozdrawiam
    lin_ka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts