Sunday 14 April 2013

Ties for the modern man!

Jen and I had a debate yesterday, during our craft session, about whether or not I should use pink on ties, on a card, for a man. I said that men do wear pink ties, she thought it looked girly! I have, however, stamped a pink tie! I like it and Keiran's Dad used to wear pink ties all the time. Hmmm...maybe that's why it didn't work out... lol!

Anyway, here is the (offending) card! ;)


I used my newish Houndstooth and Stripes embossing folders for some texture, and cut the sentiment out using the small Framelit from the Apothecary Accents set for some shape.

Supplies
Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade (retired), Bashful Blue (retiring)
Stamps - Best Dad Ever, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks - Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Bashful Blue, Night Of Navy
Framelits - Apothecary Accents
Embossing Folders - Stripes, Houndstooth

If you would like to order any of the products I have used, please do contact me and I would be happy to help. Alternatively, you could join my next Stampers 6 club starting in June...see here for more information, and please feel free to ask any questions!

Challenges

I'm working again today, so I'm off now, but I hope your Sunday is a nice one, whatever you're doing! :)
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7004135/?claim=rxkk5n8mau7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

7 comments:

  1. Great male card Lizy. I keep seeing that stamp set around and it always looks good. May have to get it yet. Love the embossing too, ideal for a male card.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy, thank you for your nice comment... and for letting me know your new blog.. of course I'm a follower now... had a look at your cards.. so many wonderful creations :-)
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs wears pink ties and shirts. I think it looks manly!

    Your card looks manly, too. Love the colors and the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the ties, in all the colors! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all guys should have at least one pink tie!! Love your precious card and all those little ties.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ties look fab all in a row and men seem to like pink ties! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great row of ties. I love the mix of embossing patterns. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts