Tuesday 26 February 2013

A Secret Garden

Hello!
I have another card here from Sunday's craft session with Jen...


I have used the stunning Secret Garden stamps and Framelits bundle...I love this and I think it's going to get a lot of mileage!

To colour the flower, I tried a new technique...I was having a bit of an experiment with colouring to see what effects I could come up with! For this one, I used the plastic sheet from my Stamp-a-Majig and coloured some Cherry Cobbler marker onto it. I then dipped one of the Blender Pens into the ink and brushed it onto the flower. I continued this way, adding more colour to the darker areas for shading and depth. I think it's very effective and quite realistic looking.


 I stamped the leaves in Always Artichoke and stamped again for a lighter set. I used my Paper Piercing set again to decorate the edge of my white panel before matting onto a Pool Party panel. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiment set, stamped in Always Artichoke.

Products used
Cardstock - Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
Ink - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps - Secret Garden, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Framelits - Secret Garden
Other - Paper Piercing Essentials Pack, Blender Pens

If you would like to get your hands on this stunning set, or anything else Stampin' Up!, please do get in touch on 07915 698577 or email me on lizyshouseofcards@mail.com

Don't forget, for every £45 you spend, you get to choose one of the Sale-A-Bration items for free, which means you could get the fab paper piercing set I have used for free!!

Challenges

Hope you have a wonderful Monday! :)



14 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lizy. I really like the way your colour application turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty CAS card, Lizy! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific Lizy and that colouring technique is superb...most expertly done!
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty card. Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love this hun... the flower is fab

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lizy. Love how you've coloured the flower. Love that set and I think mine might come tomorrow.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lizy, great colouring. Lovely to see you at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - great mix of the pink flower with the kraft card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet looking card. Lovely design and flower. Thanks for joining us over at the Crafty Card Makers this time and my blooming challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful Lizy. Your coloring of the flower is so lovely.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty flower and great colouring and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, beautifully coloured image .

    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational this week!

    Hugs , Annette xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts