Saturday 12 January 2013

Anyone for Cricket?

Good morning! 
I have a really quick card to show you today, which is for the One Layer challenge over at Less Is More this week

Sports or Excercise

Now this was tricky as one layer for me as it involves colouring directly onto my card blank...not something I am overly confident with! Anyhow, this is what I made, and I'm actually pleased with it! 



I chose a simple(ish) image to colour so there was less to go wrong! It's a Lili of The Valley image coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I finished it using a piece of Card Candi for a cricket ball. I dotted gold pen in two lines for the stitching...looks cool doesn't it? The sentiment is from a fab set by Personal Impressions. I cut it out using my Stampin' Up! Word Window and attached it to some Whisper White baker's twine, also from SU!.

Ok...I have to go to work now, then the panto, then dinner out!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! :)

23 comments:

  1. Looks just fab Lizy!
    What a cute image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lizy
    And lovely image , I am thinking of using one of my LOTV stamps for the challenge

    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lizy
    Fabby card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable and what a great idea to use candi for the ball

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What a great idea to use card candi for the ball!

    Sharon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and colouring and ingenious use of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous image and I love the Candi cricket ball.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card - love the LOTV sporty images - must find out the rugby one that I've got.
    Clever idea for the card candy cricket ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Love that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on being first - this is a fabulous card - super image

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great image and a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning boys card lizy.great image and i love your cas design :D

    x coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the subtle colouring and the cricket ball candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Lizy. Your image is so cute.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Lizy...and the colouring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A terrific boys card. Sweet image and great use of candi for the ball

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lizy, I saw your card over at Less is More, it's such a clever design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi hun xx so cute i do love the little stamp

    Sorry late visiting this week...
    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed this Lizy - it's fab and I love the candi for the ball. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts