Friday 27 January 2012

Cuppy Cakes!

Good evening everyone!
Ok I felt like doing a little colouring this afternoon, in between doing my Biggest Loser workout and picking Keiran up from nursery. Oh and it was a great workout today btw....it's a really great game for X-Box Kinect if you're looking to get fit. I have only been doing it for a week and I haven't stopped aching yet! (in a good way!)

Anyway, as I was saying...colouring. So I've been visiting Dunelm Mill and checking out this season's very bright kitchen colours and so they inspired the colours for this card...



The stamp is a Lili of The Valley one, 'Mix It & Make It'...how cute?? Anyway, I coloured it with Promarkers and then I cut off the bottom of the image and mounted it onto some blue Gingham paper from my stash to make it look like a table cloth. I saw it on Lesley's blog and thought it looked fab, so I thought I'd give it a go too! I rather quite like it! I then made a background paper with a mini cupcake stamp and added the Birthday Recipe and the bunting, made using a Molly Blooms stamp free from Simply Homemade a while ago. I finished with some plain glitter on the flour and some glossy accents on the egg.

Challenges
Oops I seemed to have waffled rather a lot tonight, sorry! Hope you like the card anyway! :)
Lizy x

17 comments:

  1. Love it! And it fits in with my kitchen colours too ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you vibrant colors and the image is so sweet and whimsical! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots for our Inspired by a Song Title theme. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab, fun card. I love the colours you have used and the gingham paper really sets it off.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so gorgeous hun... i love it and the colours are fab

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this is brilliant what a great card and I love the bright kitchen colours you have used, they are super, thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made me Smile Lizy! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Cutie Pies! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, fab take on my sketch!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the bright colours and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Willow Sketchie this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous lizy.stunning bright colours and design and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fab bright card, I love the LOTV image and your bold colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous card Lizy, the sentiment is lovel ythank you for sharing your work with the cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - great colours for baking dishes!! Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge - Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is this?!?!? I love this image and the bright colours would look right at home in my lime green kitchen!

    Thanks for sharing and joining in at WSC this week.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat an adorable CArd and that poem is divine. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passions Challenges for our Bingo Board Challenge:) Good Luck:)

    Melissa
    Expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card.Love the gingham cloth and the on trend kitchen colours.Clever idea!Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, really like the colours of the card. Also the colours on you image. Fantastic.

    Thanks for joining in with this weeks sketch at Willow Sketchie Challenge.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great song choice, it matches perfectly to your image. I now have your song playing round and round in my head,
    Hugs
    H xx Cutie Pie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts