Tuesday 10 January 2012

Butterfly to Heaven

Hello!
I have had a busy day today. I offered to do the food for my friend Jackie's Nan's funeral tomorrow, so I have been shopping and made all the buffet for tomorrow, and also had time to make her a card, to help her through this difficult time. I have already sent one to the whole family, but I wanted to give her one, just for her.
Here it is......

You know, this card looks so much more gorgeous in real life! Anyway, this is my new, stunning Butterfly die from Marianne and I've been dying to use it! I have cut it out 3 times, once each in dark purple shimmer, lilac shimmer and vellum. I then layered them up and bejewelled it! I used the vellum just to tone the purple down a touch as it was very overpowering. I love the effect! :) The swirls in the corners of the card are the swirls that were cut from the wings of the butterfly. I added two heart gems to finish them off. You can't see here but I've used the reverse side of a linen card blank, so it has a very slight texture, but not as much as the right side. 
I hoe you like it, and I hope it helps Jackie :)

Challenges

Right, off to work now....see you soon!
Lizy x

13 comments:

  1. Smashing card - love that die too.

    Hope tomorrow goes off as well as those things ever do.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lizy, must admit I have had my eye on that die, brought some Clarity stamps this month so may have to wait until next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Lizy. Hope all goes OK tomorrow. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a gorgeous butterfly Lizy... and what a great treatment you have used for it!
    Super job!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it;s a beauitful butterfy Lizy
    Goegeous card, your friend will appreciate it greatly I'm sure

    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning hun, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous butterfly, very dimensional! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the card and all of the help you've given her. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, great idea to use the cut outs for the corners. Just love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card Lizy, sure your friend will love it :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love card, Lizy! Butterflies are the best, and your friend will surely appreciate how beautiful your card is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts