Sunday 7 August 2011

White Rose (of Yorkshire!)


Good morning again! And again it is a very dull, wet and generally horrid day here in Bolton, but I'm not all that bothered as I'm working all day! So before I go, I thought I would share this quick card I have made to enter into the Less Is More 'Colours of your Nation's Flag' this week.

I decided to make a rose, somewhat inspired by Mandi's English Rose. However, I went for the good old Yorkshire Rose, as that is where I am originally from (Huddersfield!). I made to rose by die cutting the 3 smallest Scalloped Nestie circles, spraying each with water and then scrunching them up. Open them out, push a brad through the middle of each to make the flower,then scrunch them again before gently opening out to how you want them to look. The ribbon is from the shoulder of a cardigan and the stamp is Papermania.
I love how simple this was to make and how effective it is :)
Lizy x

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lizy!
    I'm so pleased that Mandi inspired you with this one. Love it.
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy
    Gorgeous Flower ....Fabulous
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here.
    Maureen........x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fantastic Lizy
    glad I inspired you, love your card!

    Thanks so much, good to see you
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Lizy xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - love the flower, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fantastic, red and white just looks so classy, as you say very simple but very very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning, a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully simple card and that rose is wonderful. Will give it a go myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the flower
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply elegant, love it! those ribbons come in very handy eh? Instead of forever tucking them back under a bra strap:))
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Lizy. Love your flower and your ribbon treatment.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. Your flower is beautiful and I like the way you used the ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts