Thursday 3 March 2011

Hello Cupcake!

Here is my entry for this week's LOTV Thursday Challenge. The gorgeous stamp is 'Hello Cupcake' which I loved from the first second I saw it! I coloured the stamped image with Promarkers (as always!) and die cut it into an oval with Nestabilities Petite Ovals Lge. I then added some glitter to a small, pink rose, and to the cupcakes to give a little sparkle!
For the card base, I took a 6x6 card blank from Craftwork Cards Back2Basics range and cut a rounded edge on the front only. I then cut some backing paper from the stunning Love Letters paperstack from First Edition to cover the front of the card. I used the reverse of the same paper to line the inside of the card. I attached some pink ribbon to the front and the inner of the card by sticking it under the papers, before sticking the papers to the card.
Using silicone glue to give a little dimension, I mounted my image, and then finished the card with 3 lace flowers I made by sewing down one edge with running stitch and pulling tight to create the flower shape. The lace and the ribbon came from my local Habiknit store.
Promarkers
Dress & Hat: Antique Pink, Cocktail Pink, Baby Pink, Pastel Blue, Blender (to fade the blue a little)
Cup & Hat Ribbon: Honeycomb, Oatmeal, Blush
Cupcakes & Stand: Pastel Blue, Honeycomb, Oatmeal, Magenta, Antique Pink, Cool Grey 2 (floor)
Skin & Hair: Soft Peach, Coral, Satin, Cocoa

Thanks for having a peek today and thanks to the LOTV inspirations gallery for helping me with the colouring & shading of the image...it's a life saver sometimes!

Lizy x

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Lizy. Love the colours and a great take on this weeks sketch.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Lizy- great colourtones and colouring and I love those lace flowers!! :) I loved this stamp on sight, too!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous - the colours are so pretty and I love that image :) Thank you for joining us over at the LOTV challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts