Thursday 10 March 2011

For my Best Friend, Sarah!

Well I am so glad I had such a productive day today because work was soooo quiet and boring that I wanted to be at home crafting! I did, however, get chance to read both Cardmaking & Papercraft and Papercraft Inspirations magazines that arrived this afternoon...the postman was ridiculously late today!

Anyway, just before I headed to work, I went in my craft room looking for inspiration for a card for Sarah that said how much she means to me as a friend. The first stamps I picked up were my Born To Shop set and I remembered that I had spent an evening (at work!) colouring in some of these fab images with my Promarkers. So my card began. I then couldn't figure how to put it together...what papers, size of card, shape of Nestie etc. Then I remembered that I had looked at a sketch challenge over at Kenny K Krafty Girlz that I liked so I thought...Perfect! With some Bloom and Grow papers, flowers and B&G pearls, I was done!
Here is the result!
I am very pleased with this one and I really hope my dear friend Sarah loves it too! It reminds me of the many nights out we had and the many bottles of various alcohols we have enjoyed together! And the times we've cried on each other's shoulders too. And for the first time in a long time, she should get the card in time! And the best thing is I've found a challenge called' Best Friends' to enter into! :)
Thanks for listening to me waffle...I like to remember why I make a card sometimes, and what inspires it, especially when it is for someone special to me :)
I have entered my card into the following challenges...
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - Sketch
Rainbow Ladies - Best Friends
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Lovely Ladies
Little Miss Muffet - Designer Papers
See you soon!
Lizy x

4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such great image thank you for entering at The Crazy Challeneges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, having a wander through your blog & I like what I see so am now following! Love this card, the image is great & sentiment is so true & made me laugh! Everyone needs friends like this.

    I like the sound of your job!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new blog! Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts