Sunday 27 February 2011

Baby Boy's Christening

I made this christening card using the Christening Baby stamp from LotV. I coloured it in (list below) and die cut it using the large oval from Spellbinders Petite Ovals Lrge, and chalked the edge in blue. I embossed a piece of Coredinations card with Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded to reveal the colour. I then realised that my blue ribbon, blue flower, blue star and the blue cross were all the WRONG shades of blue!! So rather than have to re-think the card or re-colour the image, I decided to try re-colouring the embellishments (from my stash) with a promarker, and it worked!
List of Promarkers
Sky Blue (embellishments and image)
Shale (window frame) to do the inner frame, I touched the blender pen to the shale pen and gently worked the colour onto the image
Pear Green (leaves)
Cool Grey (highlighting and edges)
Gold (window) I used the same technique for the inner of the window as I used for the inner frame.
Coral + Putty (skin)
I have enter this card into this weeks Passion for Promarkers challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable Lizy, I love that stamp!! Thanks for playing along at PFP.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy, what a beautiful card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Great idea to colour your embellishments to match your image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is realy beautiful Lizy. Love it. Thanks for joining us at PfP.
    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card lizy.the image is adorable and i love your beautiful details.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts